Tuesday, February 4, 2014

#AYearAThon - Month 1

Hey all! I'm going to attempt to participate as much as possible in the #AYearAThon a group of monthly read-a-thons, that last one week in length, until December 2014. Each month has a different theme.

Check out all the details & discussion over at the goodreads group here! Or check out the videos about it these lovely ladies made: Alyssa, Ke-sha, Kristina, Bunny, Allyn, Liz, Catriona, and many more by searching #ayearathon on Youtube or on Twitter!


This month's theme is J.K. Rowling and extends from Feb 3rd to 9th.

My goal is to read:
The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling (CV) - 505 pages
Harry Potter the Prequel by J.K. Rowling - 4 pages
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (audiobook) by J.K. Rowling (HP7) - 784 pages

My current progress is as follows:
DAY ONE:
Prequel - COMPLETE - 4 pages
HP7 - 77 pages
CV - 0 pages
TOTAL: 81 pages

DAY TWO: (even more lacking than the first)
HP7 - 38 pages
CV - 19 pages
TOTAL (day): 57

DAY THREE:
HP7 - 31 pages (finished listening to the rest of the audiobook cds I have, and have yet to get a complete copy from the library)
CV - 13 pages
TOTAL (day): 44

DAY FOUR:
No progress. Haven't been able to acquire more HP audios so listened to more of "The Woman in White" by Wilkie Collins during my commute/drive home from work. Also had a long day at work (where I can't read novels) and then fell asleep early after shoveling the snow (boo) from the driveway and having dinner. I am now off Fri, Sat, and Sun. so I hope to get my reading groove on then!


TOTAL SO FAR = 182 pages (I am unimpressed)

No comments:

Post a Comment