Monday, June 27, 2011

Updates

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post this weekend. I was busy with a couple things, fighting with my garden (my herbs are taking over) and going with my father to cruise nights (he owns a '66 Ford Thunderbird that he takes to shows and car club meetings and I sometimes tag along). I've also just been plugging away at trying to finish some of the books I've started reading lately. I used to always have the mentality that I needed to finish reading one book before I started another but all of a sudden I'm wanting to read so many at once, bad idea. Anyways I am currently/still reading:

Queen By Right: A NovelQueen By Right by Anne Easter Smith (pg. 314 of 484) - hope to finish this one soon, would definately recommend it so far to anyone who like historical fiction!
Shadow Music: A NovelShadow Music by Julie Garwood (pg 9 of 448)- have barely started this one...because of the smaller dimensions of this book compared to QBR I have been taking this with me whenever I go out and foresee myself having some time to read while waiting for something as it fits nicely in my purse...
The Last Heiress (Signet Eclipse)Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls)The Last Heiress by Bertrice Small (pg 30 of 416) - I'm reading this book with my mother only whenever we get a chance to read it together aloud to one another, so slow going on this book as well...
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater (part 4 of 9) - this is the very first book I've ever "read" in the audiobook format. Enjoying it so far even though werewolf/vampire/twilight-ish books aren't really my type of books...

I am also very excited to announce that the Canada Post postal strike has finally ended. I'm not sure if they actually accomplished anything but at least I'll be getting mail again. So I'll be receiving at least two new books in the near future, both of which I won through Goodreads First Reads giveaways which I am also very excited about.
They are:
Coming Up for AirSeason of DarknessSeason of Darkness by Maureen Jennings
and
Coming Up for Air by Patti Callahan Henry

No comments:

Post a Comment